From design optimization to risk mitigation, IT-Serve addresses some of the greatest concerns the industry faces by wrongly designed data centers.
The cost and frequency of downtime today is astounding:
- One in 500 data centers incur a severe disaster each year.
- Downtime costs the average business $210,000 per hour, worldwide.
- Businesses with more than 1,000 employees lose about 2% of their annual revenue to network downtime.
- Up to half of all system failures can be attributed to environmental or physical failures.
The rate of advancement in the speed, capacity and reliability of Information Technology has been remarkable. However, it is equally remarkable that during the same time frame, many of the electrical and mechanical systems that support this advanced technology have remained fundamentally unchanged. Moreover, recent high-profile events further illustrate the weaknesses of an information age system fueled by an industrial age infrastructure.
IT-Serve.com’s thought process covers 7 actionable steps to reliable data center infrastructure, including:
- Beginning with the end in mind
- Making the parts whole
- Trust…but verify
- Ensuring bench strength
- Taking care of what takes care of you
- Round-the-clock vigilance
- Keeping good company